Apple Cinnamon cake
A lovely cake
- 125g margarine/ butter
- 225g self raising flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 175g caster sugar
- 2 dessert apples
- 125g cream cheese
- 50g walnuts, chopped
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 40g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170C°/ 325°F. Grease and line an 18cm round cake tin.
- Peel the skin from the apples and then chop them into small pieces with a sharp knife.
- Rub the margarine and flour together with your fingers in a large bowl until the mixture looks like fine bread crumbs.
- Stir in the cinnamon, sugar, apple, 25g of the cream cheese, walnuts and eggs. Mix until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 60-75 minutes until firm to the touch. Allow to cool before removing from the tin.
- Mix the remaining 100g of cream cheese with the icing sugar and spread over the top of the cake. You can also top the icing with walnut pieces