A peppery alternative to Basil Pesto. It can an be used on pasta, in a mayonnaise for a dip or in a soup for added flavour.
- 1 Garlic Clove (small)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 25 g pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 50 g Wild Rocket
- 25 g Parmesan, finely grated
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 125 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- Put the garlic and salt into the bowl of a small food processor and pulse or a pestle and mortar and pound
- Add the pine nuts and pulse until roughly chopped (be careful not to over-process). Add the rocket and pulse carefully until it is well mixed, but still very textured.
- Turn out into a bowl and stir through the Parmesan and lemon juice. Pour in the olive oil and mix well until you have a juicy paste, seasoning to taste as you go.
- Keep in a tight lidded jar