Rhubarb and Cardamom Fool
Author: Jane Baxter, Riverford Field Kitchen
Recipe type: Dessert
A simple British classic with a zesty punch!
- 450g rhubarb (coarsely chopped )
- 150g caster sugar
- Juice and grated zest of 1 orange
- 3 cardamom pods
- 100ml double cream
- 100ml yoghurt
- Mix the rhubarb, sugar and orange juice and zest together and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Add the cardamom pods.
- Cover and bake in an oven preheated to 190°C/Gas Mark 5 for 30-45 minutes, until the rhubarb is completely soft.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.
- Take out the cardamom pods and purée the fruit.
- Whip the cream with the yoghurt until it just holds its shape.
- Carefully fold the purée into the cream so you have a ripple effect, then transfer the mixture to serving glasses.
- Chill before serving.