Coconut-crumbed fish with sweet chilli slaw
Author: Good Food Magazine
Tropical flavours for late spring day.
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 2 Little gem Lettuces finely chopped
- ½ Cucumber, sliced into half moons
- 6 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 2 cod fillets or other firm white fish
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise & sweet chilli sauce. Add the lettuce & cucumber, toss & set aside.
- Mix the coconut & flour together on a plate. Dip the fish fillets in beaten egg, then into coconut flour mixture to coat.
- Heat oil in a frying pan until very hot, add fish & fry for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Serve with the salad & lime wedges.