Gluten Free Christmas Cake
Recipe type: Season Cake
Cuisine: Gluten Free
- 125g Butter
- 125g Sof Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Mixed Spice
- 2 tbsp Brandy
- 1 LemonRind & Juice
- 150g Gluten Free Plain Flour
- 400g Mixed Dried Fruit
- 100g Glace Cherries
- 10g Mixed Peel
- 100g Almonds
- 3 tbsps Apricot jam
- 200g Marzipan
- 2 Egg Whites
- 400g Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
- I Ribbon
- Cream together butter & Brown sugar until light &fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, mixed spice, brandy, lemon rinds & juice.
- Mix in flour.
- Stir in mixed dried fruits, glace cherries, mixed peel & almonds.
- Push the mixture into deep greasproof lined 20 cm/8" cake tin.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 120/135 mins.
- Allow to cool in tin for 12 hours.
- To make the topping, warm the apricot jam & spread over cold cake.
- Roll out the marzipan & lift onto the cake.
- Press the marzipan around the cake & trim off any excess.
- In a bowl beat the egg white until stiff.
- Beat in the oil & icing sugar a little at a time.
- Spread the icing over the cake.
- Decorate with a ribbon.