Author: The Alimo Whitstable
There are many different ways to cook Pork Belly. Try it with a Moroccan Glaze: Boil oranges (with skin on), which have been slit, for 2 hours with water & sugar. Then grind fresh roasted & ground cumin seeds add them to the orange syrup before serving brush with the scented orange glaze. www.alimowhitstable.com Tel: 01227 272725
- Pork Belly boned & scored (good quality such as Tamworth, Black Spot, or Gloucester).
- Seasonal vegetables cut as chunks e.g. carrots, celery, onions.
- Fresh Rosemary & Thyme
- Soak Pork Belly for 24 hours in brine (wet cure)
- Discard the brine solution.
- Wash the salt off with boiling water & pat dry with clean cloth
- Rub Maldon Sea Salt into scored skin
- Brush with oil (or glaze)
- Line roasting tin with the ribs & chunky cut seasonal vegetables
- Place in oven at high temperature for 30 minutes until skin crisps
- Then reduce to low temperature continue roasting for 2 to 2½ hours
- Keep your eye on it & check that it’s cooked from time to time, don’t allow to overcook, check juices are not pink
- Allow to rest & serve with mash & more vegetables.