Celeriac and leek soup with Kara
Recipe type: Soup
Cuisine: Gluten Free
- 1 small head celeriac, trimmed and cut into large dice
- 2 medium leeks, trimmed and chopped
- 1 litre/41/2 cups Kara coconut milk or oat or soya milk
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 handfuls roasted cobnuts of hazelnuts, chopped or 2 handfuls roasted pumpkin seeds, chopped
- Put the celeriac into a pan with the leeks and coconut milk. Bring slowly to the boil and simmer, with the lid on, for 15-20 minutes or until the celeriac is quite soft. Purée thoroughly in a food processor and, if you would like the soup really smooth, press it through a sieve.
- Chop the roasted nuts or pumpkin seeds either by hand or in a food processor. If you use a food processor make sure that you do not reduce them to dust.
- Reheat the soup and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and then serve hot, sprinkled with the nuts or seeds.