Smoked mackerel, apple, celeriac & watercress salad
Author: Riverford Cook Kirsty Hale and www.riverford.co.uk/recipe
Recipe type: Salad
- 1 small celeriac, peeled & cut into fine matchsticks
- 2 apples, cored & finely sliced
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- sea salt & ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tsp coarse grain mustard
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 100g watercress, washed & drained, larger stalks removed
- small handful chopped fresh herbs – parsley, tarragon, chives
- 4 smoked mackerel fillets, shredded (bones removed)
- If you don’t have watercress, use peppery winter salad leaves instead.
- Toss the celeriac in a large bowl with the apple and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, mix the vinegar, honey, mustard and olive oil.
- Toss into the celeriac with the watercress, herbs and smoked mackerel.
- Check the seasoning before serving.